Top Ten Recipes of 2016
We are counting down the top ten recipes on our website in 2016! These are the top ten most visited recipes on our website throughout the year in 2016. It should be no surprise that our Old-Fashioned Biscuits (as shown on the back of the Clabber Girl Can) are at the top of our list!
- Old-Fashioned Biscuits (as shown on the Clabber Girl can) – This is the classic baking powder biscuit recipe that can be found on the back of the Clabber Girl Baking Powder can. You need to ensure your oven is very hot and ready to go before putting in the biscuits inside.
- Clabber Girl Baking Powder Hamburger Buns – Our hamburger buns are quick and easy to make – no yeast and no rising time. Now, admittedly, the dough is sticky, and things can get a little messy when you scoop it out and plop it on the baking sheet. But just keep a bowl of water handy and wet your fingers before you scoop and shape the dough to make it easier to handle.
- Baking Powder Biscuits – You can use this basic baking powder biscuit recipe and with a few minor changes make buttermilk, drop, cheese, sour cream or cornmeal biscuits.
- Good Ole Fried Chicken – This fried chicken comes out moist with a crispy crust; it’s the ideal old fashioned recipe that has withstood the test of time.
- Lemon Drop Cookies – These cookies are bursting with lemon flavor-you actually bake them with lemon zest and use frozen lemonade concentrate as your liquid.
- Orange Cake – Originally featured in our Brickyard to Backyard cookbook, this has become a favorite for the holidays when oranges are in season. The cake is light and delicate, the orange glaze is packed with flavor.
- Applesauce Spice Bars – There are 3 different spices in this bar, giving them so much flavor! Top them with cream cheese frosting for an extra decadent dessert.
- Golden Corn Bread – This corn bread only requires 8 ingredients and first appeared on the back of the Clabber Girl Baking Powder can.
- Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake – This recipe is another one of my favorites I have learned from my grandma! I know I have said it before with some other recipes, that I am wanting to learn some family recipes that everyone loves and that are favorites of mine. Texas Sheet Cakes are like a family tradition, you might have eaten it as a kid as well as your parents may have as well. Enjoyable every time!
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake – This cake is perfect for fans of Irish cream liqueur; it is an ingredient in both cake and glaze. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or a fun event where a special Irish-inspired cake is called for.